Friday, July 1, 2011

Nigerian cherubs.


 Meet Mikael and Madis. Two beautifully formed children from Nigeria. I was blessed with their presence my first day living in Jinja with which they stole my soul. Mikael loves pretending to fall asleep on your lap- this kid has real patience in terms of waiting for a response, playing nearby instruments, singing church songs, and despises corn flakes. His little baby brother, Madis, has quite the magnetic smile that will melt your heart. His favourite pastime is getting stuck under the coffee table and playing with whatever he can get his hands on. 
Meet them. Revel in them. Memorize their faces. 
You will soon see them in my possession upon my return the states. Their parents'll never notice.

Until then,

<3
--h--

2 comments:

  1. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN. ITS A BLESSING TO BE AROUND YOUR NEW FAMILY IN UGANDA. REGARDS TO YOUR FAMILY! WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND MISS YOU AS ALWAYS. GOD BLESS YOU MY CHILD.
    MAHAL KITA ALWAYS NANAY....
    ENJOY THE JOURNEY OF A BEAUTIFUL LAND IN EAST AFRICA....LOVE LOVE NAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I went on a missions trip to Mexico and quickly fell in love with a precious little girl name Damaris. We did not speak each other's language, but the language of love crosses all borders. I'm so glad you have your little cherubs. Children are a gift from the Lord, whether they are your own flesh and blood or not.

    ReplyDelete