Sunday, May 22, 2011

Hello big bright world.

Or should I say, "I'm ready to get to my destination; my damn tailbone is going to fall of from sitting on this airbus 300 for nine plus hours." Below is a self portrait thanks to the millions of dollars airplane companies spend on individual televisions versus larger cabin seating.
I love the Schipol airport. The giant European teacup-esqe seats, the forest playground for kids (or those reckoned in my category), the Rembrandt museum and plush seats (if you wander and find) to take a nap in complete solitude. Did I mention I love the Schipol airport? Nice baguette sandwich, organic refreshing drink, fair trade mangoes from the Philippines (the only good kinds) and a kinder surprise egg. Nom nom nom.

Lastly is my first daylight glimpse of Uganda. En route from Entebbe to Jinja. Beautiful colors, tons of fresh fruit, red soil, juxtaposing landscapes, and no blackberrys or bluetooth headsets in sight. Can there be a heaven on earth? In the least visually. 






 Did I mention I love the Schipol airport?




Until then,


<3 --h--





No comments:

Post a Comment