Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Union what?

No one quite realizes the remoteness they are in until they are out of it. Such is the case with my journey in the red sanded world of East Africa. Last night was spent at the 24 hour supermarket equipped with isle signs and a refrigerated section. After spending nearly two hours at this beautiful establishment, myself and my company walked aimlessly down the hills of Kigali only to return shortly after for overpriced petit-cartes, crackers and whiskey. The Union Trade Cenre of Kigali quickly became my mecca. 
Above lies the land of a thousand hills with a view of the Kigali Memorial Centre. Honoring the thousands of lives that were brutally ended during the 1990s genocide. Moving does not even describe the emotions evoked at such a visit. 


With no plan in sight and keeping my dress on tight, 

<3 
--h--

No comments:

Post a Comment